[Engine-devel] about session_timeout in API

Michael Pasternak mpastern at redhat.com
Sun Jun 9 07:54:43 UTC 2013

On 06/09/2013 10:30 AM, wlbleaboy at 126 wrote:
> Yes, I saw that you assigned, because I'm not familiar with python, so ,
> I want to know that's It's specific meaning, what's the meaning of that
> argument used for API.__init__()

By default sdk uses persistent authentication [1], and to achieve that used
http session, the default for the session idle state is 2 hours (IIRC) after that,
if you'll try to perform any action, it will fail with 401 error,

by changing session_timeout in the SDK, you can define your own session timeout.

[1] you can switch off persistent authentication by making 'persistent_auth=False',
but please note that then authentication will take place per sdk request.

Michael Pasternak
RedHat, ENG-Virtualization R&D