[Engine-devel] Guest Reboot

David Jaša djasa at redhat.com
Mon Jun 10 19:20:33 UTC 2013

Hi Martin,

there may be more kinds of reboot in context of RHEV: "warm" reboot that
keeps qemu process intact, or "cold" that would involve qemu process
termination and start of new one - and this could be done with keeping
of current configuration, or with applying settings that "take effect
after reboot" that have changed during VM runtime; and all of these can
be "soft" - when the guest OS reboots itself and "hard" when you perform
the reboot right away.

All of these have their use cases, so it should be documented what will
you implement, and you may expect somebody asking you to implement the
rest. ;)

David