[Engine-devel] [Spice-devel] SPICE Foreign Menu Using REST

Tomas Jelinek tjelinek at redhat.com
Thu Jun 20 12:13:06 UTC 2013

----- Original Message -----
> From: "Itamar Heim" <iheim at redhat.com>

Well, and what about the stop/suspend VM for example, what we have in the menu today?
Also this should be something that the client decide to have or not have?

> > Or do you have anything in mind for the client to get the list of ISOs
> > available to the engine?
>
> my preference is to provide the data, not the semantics of the menu.
We should clarify something here. There are two possibilities who should be responsible for deciding
what should the foreign menu contain and also what to do if it the item is selected:
1: the client - e.g. we will not provide any support for the menu in REST because the client reads what needs
   and knows how to call the oVirt back

2: the server side - e.g. we will provide in REST side the menu structure with the description what to do if something is
   selected

Both have some advantages and disadvantages but we need to clarify which way to go. So, who is the one responsible to decide
what is in the foreign menu (now or in the future) and how to react if something is selected? Client or engine?