[Engine-devel] restapi - domains

Shireesh Anjal sanjal at redhat.com
Thu Mar 7 05:45:27 UTC 2013

Hi,

We are trying to develop a simple android app to monitor and manage
gluster clusters by consuming the restapi exposed by engine. The first
screen is the login screen, which is similar to the webadmin login
screen. Here, we want to populate the combo box of "domains" by fetching
it from the restapi. However, the domains api cannot be invoked without
authentication! So we have a sort of a chicken-and-egg problem.

Any suggestions on how to tackle this? I feel the "domains" api should
be "public", in the sense it should not expect authentication.

Regards,
Shireesh