[Engine-devel] Dropping encryption of database password

Keith Robertson kroberts at redhat.com
Wed May 1 18:31:15 UTC 2013

On 05/01/2013 02:16 PM, Alon Bar-Lev wrote:
> Thank you.
> This is what I wrote in my initial post.
> The only users who should access this password is ovirt user and root user.
>
> Regards,
> Alon Bar-Lev.

Alon,
I agree with the desire to store the PW in plaintext and in a
non-obfuscated manner.  In this case, obfuscation really doesn't gain
anything.

I would suggest; however, that the migration to plaintext be coordinated
with a simultaneous patch to the the Log Collector.  It does have a
dependency on the current architecture.

Keith