[Engine-devel] REST vs. UI validation

Roy Golan rgolan at redhat.com
Thu May 2 05:29:44 UTC 2013

On Wed 01 May 2013 08:41:15 PM IDT, Vered Volansky wrote:

> [...]
I disagree. The UI is validating input to fail as fast and save
rountrips for better responsiveness and overall a better UX. This means
validation are duplicated and sometimes, different - which I consider a
bug - there is no good reason an action would be valid using the API
and invalid with UI or vise versa.

the main chalenge is to share the validation code which might be
achievablle if GWT will support our validation annotation on beans
(jsr303)  - Vojetech this one I think you'll be able to help with