[Engine-devel] cannot sign in to gerrit.ovirt.org with google ID?

Dan Kenigsberg danken at redhat.com
Thu May 2 19:16:44 UTC 2013

On Thu, May 02, 2013 at 01:00:36PM -0400, Einav Cohen wrote:
> thanks for all of your replies, guys - I really appreciate it!
>
> unfortunately, I still cannot sign into gerrit.
> This is definitely a server-side problem, since I tried multiple browsers
> from multiple client machines, and the behavior is the same in all of them.
> This is probably not a google openid problem, as I am able to use my google
> openid to sign into other web-sites/applications (e.g. stackoverflow.com).
>
> so my guess is that the problem is with gerrit, however since other users
> don't seem to experience the same problem, I assume that it is something in
> particular in my gerrit user (again - on the server-side, e.g. my record in
> the gerrit DB got messed up for some reason or something similar).
>
> if anyone has additional ideas and/or able to help me troubleshoot/solve the
> problem - it would be greatly appreciated!
>
> Many thanks in advance.

I can only say that yesterday I had a similar issue - I failed to login
with my fedora id. Instead of researching the problem I switched to my
google id, which worked. My fedora id worked fine several hours later.

So I do not have better ideas than asking your favorite gerrit admin to
link another identetity (yahoo, fedora) to your gerrit account, and hope
that the problem solves itself later on.

Dan.