[Engine-devel] What type of DB inheritance to use?

Mike Kolesnik mkolesni at redhat.com
Mon May 13 08:05:47 UTC 2013

----- Original Message -----
> On 05/13/2013 10:42 AM, Oved Ourfalli wrote:
> > IMO, the following fields will fit most providers, at least the ones we
> > plan to support in the near future:
> > * id
> > * name
> > * type
> > * URL
> > * requires_authentication (boolean) to support development/POC/testing...
> > mode
>
> redundant with empty username/password?

Empty user/password is an implementation details.
Seems logical to me to be explicit about it.

> > * username
> > * password
>
> do keystone based services allow to authenticate directly to them, or
> you need an additional authentication url (to get the ticket)?

No, the OpenStack services require a header with the token:
"When Keystone is enabled, users that submit requests to the Quantum service must provide an authentication token in X-Auth-Token request header. You obtain the token by authenticating to the Keystone endpoint."

http://docs.openstack.org/api/openstack-network/2.0/content/Authentication-d1e444.html