[Engine-devel] IMP: Regarding an issue while translating the error messages for gluster using ErrorTranslator class

Shubhendu Tripathi shtripat at redhat.com
Wed Nov 6 14:31:52 UTC 2013

On 11/06/2013 07:43 PM, Daniel Erez wrote:

> [...]
One example of the error message which is shown on the dialog after
translation is as below -

/"Error while executin action Create Gluster Volume: Volume create
failed error: Staging failed on //*10_70_43_122_*//Error: /export/vol1-a
is already part of a volume"/

If you see the highlighted portion not only the dots in IP address but
also the full stop is changed to "_".
> (and maybe try the same message using AppErrors instead)
There are no one to one mapping of these messages in AppErrors as they
arise randomly, so in such cases we throw the VDSM error message as is
on the dialog.