[Engine-devel] oVirt UI plugins feature announcements

Vojtech Szocs vszocs at redhat.com
Thu Nov 7 22:21:21 UTC 2013

Hello everyone,

I'd like to share some important updates on oVirt UI plugins feature.

First of all, UI plugins wiki [1] is finally complete. API reference (application events, API functions, API options, entity types) now includes all the details and snippets of example code. I've also added section "Why load plugins via iframe element?" explaining reasons behind this design decision.

[1] http://www.ovirt.org/Features/UIPlugins

You might have noticed the changes in oVirt Engine URI layout [2], these are already reflected in UI plugins wiki. For existing plugins, this means changing URLs like this:

  /webadmin/webadmin/plugin/ExamplePlugin/start.html

to this:

  /ovirt-engine/webadmin/plugin/ExamplePlugin/start.html

[2] http://gerrit.ovirt.org/#/c/20473/

We're planning to merge patch "Improve UI Plugin vs. REST API integration" [http://gerrit.ovirt.org/#/c/20404/] soon, please review the change outlined in commit message, let me know if you have any questions.

Last but not least, oVirt Space Shooter (a.k.a UI plugins crash course) wiki [3] has been updated to reflect changes mentioned above.

[3] http://www.ovirt.org/Tutorial/UIPlugins/CrashCourse

Regards,
Vojtech