[Engine-devel] [vdsm] daily oVirt 3.3.1 blocker status

Dan Kenigsberg danken at redhat.com
Mon Nov 11 10:02:25 UTC 2013

On Mon, Nov 11, 2013 at 10:26:19AM +0100, Sandro Bonazzola wrote:

> >> I'm working on it.
> >> Hope soon we will have a fix.
> >> Don't panic! :)
> >
> > It's not the /real thing/ that Eduardo wanted, but it's something and
> > it's working. Please review and verify
> >
> > http://gerrit.ovirt.org/#/c/21059/
> > gluster prepareImage: return gluster-sepecific information
> >

> Hi,
> Bug 1022961 - Running a VM from a gluster domain uses mount instead of gluster URI
> is the only bug blocking 3.3.1 and is on POST.
> the related patch http://gerrit.ovirt.org/21059 is marked as verified and has two +1.
> Can you merge the patch and build VDSM for having it under testing so we can try to release 3.3.1 this week?

I'd love to merge this in, but given this being my own code, I prefer
another core developer ack it, even though no one really likes it.

Eduardo dislikes the fact that this patch maintains the awkward API of
prepareImage returning this 'info' dictionary on top of the simple
'path' it used to return before the glusterSD effort.

Federico dislikes the fact that this patch adds gluster-specific
code into our top-level class HSM. To relieve this, I am now suggesting
three other cleanup patches
   http://gerrit.ovirt.org/21122
   http://gerrit.ovirt.org/21123
   http://gerrit.ovirt.org/21124
but I would like to take the simple fix first. Unbreaking a major
feature in master and ovirt-3.3.1 should have precedence over
architectural debates.

Dan.