[Engine-devel] UI Refresh synchronization

Alexander Wels awels at redhat.com
Tue Nov 12 13:55:15 UTC 2013

Hi guys,

I am working on providing our users with a better experience in regards to
refresh synchronization. Quite often it will happen that you as a user will do
a particular action, and it takes a whole refresh cycle for you to see the UI
updated in response to that action. For instance if you remove a VM in the
webadmin and click the ok button in the UI, the grid will still show the VM
until the next refresh cycle, not when the VM is actually removed.

I have created a wiki page that outlines the issues, and the ways we are
intending to solve these issues [1]. Feel free to comment/e-mail/etc to let me
know what you guys think.

Alexander

[1] http://www.ovirt.org/Features/Design/UIRefreshSynchronization