[Engine-devel] Problem building 3.3.1 branch

Bob Doolittle bob at doolittle.us.com
Wed Nov 20 22:35:57 UTC 2013

Hi,

I'm trying to build engine for the first time and running into a build
error. I'm a seasoned Unix developer, but new to some aspects of Linux
development like git and maven, so I could be doing something naive.

I'm following the instructions here:
http://www.ovirt.org/OVirt_Engine_Development_Environment

I did a clone of the engine repository, and did "git checkout -b
myengine origin/ovirt-engine-3.3.1" to create my own branch based on
3.3.1 (current - I realize it's not quite done).

Then, when I did "make install-dev PREFIX=$HOME/ovirt-engine" it failed
when building the "Engine Web Root", specifically in the
FileServletTest. Relevant build log is here: http://pastebin.com/JRcyWvtr

Can anyone suggest what I've done wrong, or whether there's a problem
with the repository at the moment?

I'd appreciate any guidance.

Thanks,
     Bob