[Engine-devel] Weird behavior of multiple SetVmTicket query

Daniel Erez derez at redhat.com
Thu Nov 21 12:18:42 UTC 2013

----- Original Message -----
> From: "Einav Cohen" <ecohen at redhat.com>
> Fediuck" <dfediuck at redhat.com>, "Oved Ourfalli" <ovedo at redhat.com>

There's a couple of years old patch exactly for that [1].
It should allow both synchronous and asynchronous multiple actions according to a flag.
Question is when do we want to use the synchronous flavor?
The reasoning behind the current implementation is to return a quick response
to the client, as executing multiple vdsm commands can potentially require a long wait.
Do we need to introduce a sync version just for VM console connection flow?
IIRC, the flow actually uses multiple calls to the singular form (RunAction)
rather than RunMultipleAction?

[1] http://gerrit.ovirt.org/#/c/3210/