[Engine-devel] Problem building 3.3.1 branch

Itamar Heim iheim at redhat.com
Thu Nov 21 14:25:49 UTC 2013

On 11/21/2013 04:19 PM, Alexander Wels wrote:
> On Wednesday, November 20, 2013 07:14:38 PM Alexander Wels wrote:
>> On Wednesday, November 20, 2013 07:08:39 PM Bob Doolittle wrote:
>>> Yes, it's pretty large. A little over 9k.
>>>
>>> -Bob
>>
>> Yes definitely a bug in the test, you can run the build without running the
>> unit tests and it should succeed, or temporarily have a /etc/hosts file <=
>> 4096 bytes. Looking at the test, I am not sure what I was thinking when I
>> did that, but I will rework it soon to not have such a crazy dependency.
>>

> I just pushed the fix to gerrit [1], hopefully it will be merged soon
>
> [1] http://gerrit.ovirt.org/#/c/21509/

that's for master. it should be backported to 3.3 stable later as well.
but since 3.3.1 GA'd, not sure it makes sense to backport there
(supposed to be a tag by now rather than a branch)
Bob - for workaround, either just not run test, or just delete this
unitest from the file (well, or trim/rename your /etc/hosts...)