[Engine-devel] Question about Engine user session timeout

Vojtech Szocs vszocs at redhat.com
Tue Oct 22 09:12:49 UTC 2013

----- Original Message -----

Well, my motivation was to understand both config values before I'll attempt to use them in server-side Engine code.

I'm working on client-side-only improvement of UI Plugin vs. REST API integration [proper server-side RFE is here https://bugzilla.redhat.com/1019921], dealing with a situation when "REST API timeout > Engine session timeout" and its consequences; I'd like UI to create REST API session with timeout equal to Engine session timeout.

However, as we have two distinct values for Engine session timeout, I guess my best shot is to do "min(UserSessionTimeOutInterval,UserSessionTimeOutInvalidationInterval)" and expose both via admin-only GetConfigurationValue query, but I'm not sure this is the best approach..