[Engine-devel] A maven question

Mooli Tayer mtayer at redhat.com
Thu Sep 12 08:54:34 UTC 2013

(Moving here from a patch disscission)

in our main aggregator pom.xml we use properties to manage dependencies

Why do we use those vars and not put the version in the dependencyManagement tag in our aggregator pom and in a project's pom declare dependencies without the version (gets weirder when we have a var we use only in a dependencyManagement tag - why use the var?)
as I currently understand our container we cannot use different versions of a dependency (although it is possible in jboss) - is that true?