[Engine-devel] oVirt3.3 - Glance and Neutron Integration

Udaya Kiran P ukiran770 at yahoo.in
Mon Sep 30 07:40:47 UTC 2013

Hi Mike,

Thank You for your inputs and update.

I am trying to integrate oVirt3.3 (stable - http://ovirt.org/releases/stable/rpm/Fedora/$releasever/) with OpenStack.

I am not able to see the web interface for adding Neutron as an external provider as specified in the deep dive presentation.

Deep Dive Presentation - http://www.ovirt.org/images/e/e7/Ovirt-neutron-integration-deep-dive-2013.pdf

I have attached the screenshots of my oVirt3.3 setup.

Please correct me if using the wrong repository for oVirt3.3.

Also, where the Neutron Server should be configured? Is it at the openstack end or at the oVirt end?

Thank You.

Regards,

Udaya Kiran

________________________________

Hi Everyone,
Hi Udaya,

>Does oVirt3.3 version support Glance and Neutron Integration.?
Yes, the version supports these features.

>Can anybody give me few inputs on the current status of these integrations?

>http://www.ovirt.org/OVirt_3.3_release_announcement
>
>http://www.ovirt.org/Features/Detailed_OSN_Integration
I can say for Neutron that 1st phase is in - you can create a "Neutron" network in oVirt and attach it and use it in your VMs.
The supported plugins are Linux Bridge & OVS.

There was an issue raised on the users list that the port is not persisted across VM boots, which we will iron out ASAP.