[Devel] Vdsm functional tests

ybronhei ybronhei at redhat.com
Sun Apr 6 08:18:19 UTC 2014

On 04/03/2014 07:31 PM, Douglas Schilling Landgraf wrote:
> On 04/03/2014 11:08 AM, Dan Kenigsberg wrote:
>> Functional tests are intended to verify that a running Vdsm instance
>> does what it should, when treated as a black box, over its public API.
>>
>> They should be comprehensive and representative of a typical field usage
>> of Vdsm. It is a sin to break such a test - but we must be able to know
>> when such a sin is committed.
>>
>> We currently have the following functional tests modules:
>>
>> - sosPluginTests.py
>>    supervdsmFuncTests.py
>>
> Sure, count with me.

any news about it ? need my help around it?
supervdsmFuncTests.py doesn't really check much. we need to add much
more logic there if we actually want to test the communication between
vdsm and supervdsm (not sure if its really required.. its like checking
calls to libvirt or sanlock or testing api calls)

--
Yaniv Bronhaim.