[ovirt-devel] building ovirt-shell on debian

Juan Hernandez jhernand at redhat.com
Tue Apr 15 15:03:32 UTC 2014

On 04/15/2014 03:40 PM, Sven Kieske wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm currently writing a little
> howto for people who use
> debian based systems so they
> can benefit from ovirt-shell.
>
> after installing all dependencies
> easy_install ovirt-shell
> seemed to work.
> However I got one error
> which I'd like to get fixed:
>
> Building against libxml2/libxslt in the following directory: /usr/lib
> /usr/lib/python2.7/distutils/dist.py:267: UserWarning: Unknown
> distribution option: 'bugtrack_url'
>   warnings.warn(msg)
> Adding lxml 3.3.4 to easy-install.pth file
>

> Maybe someone could assist me with that?

This looks like a problem in lxml itself, not in ovirt-shell. That
"bugtrack_url" option isn't supported by the Python setup tools, only by
PyPI, but the setup.py file in lxml 3.3.4 does contain it. Anyhow it is
just a warning, it shouldn't cause any real problem. I'd suggest to
install the python-lxml package instead of letting easy_install install
it, this should eliminate that warning.

> In general it would be cool especially
> for development tools like sdks and the cli
> if they are available prepackaged not just
> for RHEL derivatives as it would pretty
> much speed up the distribution of oVirt
> itself and attract more devs if they
> can use their environment without
> needing to setup fedora/centos.
>
> I'll therefore try to forge a deb package
> in my very little spare time.
> any help would be appreciated.

I completely agree, let me know how I can help.

3ºD, 28016 Madrid, Spain