[ovirt-devel] Question about plan/work for javascript SDK

Vojtech Szocs vszocs at redhat.com
Tue Apr 15 15:22:16 UTC 2014

Hi Yair,

indeed, oVirt JS binding & oVirt.js library are meant to be used not
only by our GWT-based UI (WebAdmin, UserPortal), but also by any 3rd
party JS-based application/tool, be it a UI plugin, a totally custom
UserPortal, or even Node.js-powered custom service talking with Engine.

This is the reason for going with JavaScript-first approach, escaping
the GWT/Java box and putting emphasis on JavaScript language/runtime.
oVirt.js for JavaScript is meant to be what oVirt Java SDK is for Java,
however oVirt.js should be usable from both client (i.e. browser) and
server (i.e. Node.js) environment by providing reasonable abstractions.

Some more comments below.

Regards,
Vojtech

PS: the MEAN stack looks cool!