[ovirt-devel] commons-collections v4.0

Yevgeny Zaspitsky yzaspits at redhat.com
Tue Apr 22 08:39:11 UTC 2014

That means that we manage 2 separate environments:
1. Development - relies on pom files. E.g. unit tests run with commons-collections v3.1 (and when I add v4.0) and succeed.
2. Run-time - relies on JBoss own dependencies that bring commons-collection v3.2.1-redhat-2.

This kind of discrepancies might be found in other libraries as we do not synchronize our pom files with the JBoss current version dependencies.
IMHO that could lead to some very difficult bugs that we won't be able to simulate in our unit tests.

Why do we avoid "to maintain our own packaging"? IMHO Ovirt own dependencies could be packed in the war, can't they?

Best regards,
Yevgeny Zaspitsky
Senior Software Engineer
Red Hat Israel