[Engine-devel] ATTN: UICommon: new dialog model attribute - HelpTag

Greg Sheremeta gshereme at redhat.com
Thu Feb 6 22:31:34 UTC 2014

Hi all,

To make it easier to support context-sensitive help in webadmin and userportal, we added a model attribute called HelpTag to all models.

from now on: for any new dialog that you create, please remember to do the following:
- add a call to setHelpTag before after the call to setHashName in the new model.
- add the relevant dialog meta-data in HelpTag.java

[We didn't make it a constructor argument because that's quite invasive]

I updated all the current models in [1] to have this new call.

This is effective immediately in 'master' - we intend to backport this functionality to ovirt-engine-3.4 very soon.

Greg

[1] http://gerrit.ovirt.org/#/c/21052/

Greg Sheremeta
Red Hat, Inc.