[Engine-devel] GWT Dev Mode unbearably slow in WebAdmin

Greg Sheremeta gshereme at redhat.com
Fri Feb 14 15:50:46 UTC 2014

Has anyone else noticed that GWT Dev Mode is unbearably slow for WebAdmin? On my machine, it's to the point where I might as well rebuild the entire application for every change and not bother with Dev Mode. Pages take 4 or 5 minutes to render. Sometimes after 5 minutes, I just give up, close everything, and rebuild the app.

For now, I want to see if others have this issue. If we confirm that it's widespread, we can discuss ways to mitigate.

Greg Sheremeta
Red Hat, Inc.
Sr. Software Engineer, RHEV
Cell: 919-807-1086