[ovirt-devel] GWT/Frontent - Looking for convinient way to seperate the "data" from "presentation" in combo boxes

Vojtech Szocs vszocs at redhat.com
Fri Jun 20 12:18:45 UTC 2014

Hi Yair, sorry for my late response.

As Lior mentioned, ListModelListBox accepts Renderer that is passed to
ValueListBox constructor. The purpose of a Renderer is to create user
presentable string for given item (T). The fact that getValue() returns
T rather than String is expected, as T is the type of item the list box
works with.

The reason why <select> tag for ListModelListBox has options with same
"data" and "presentation" strings, is because ValueListBox (parent of
ListModelListBox) uses this to add new item:

  getListBox().addItem(renderer.render(value));

which is the same thing as you would do:

  listBox.insertItem(renderValue, renderValue, INSERT_AT_END);

If we want to modify this behavior, we'll need to either hack or replace
ValueListBox backing implementation.

Vojtech