[Engine-devel] Tweaking backup/restore of engine

Itamar Heim iheim at redhat.com
Wed Mar 5 09:19:08 UTC 2014

On 03/04/2014 12:00 PM, Sven Kieske wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I forgot to mention a crucial
> point:
>
> How long does the engine store past events, are they
> stored forever or is there some kind of rotation?
>
> We mainly use the engine as a REST provider for managing
> the virtual machines.

audit log gets deleted after 30 days by default. you can change that via
config:

packaging/dbscripts/upgrade/pre_upgrade/0000_config.sql:select
fn_db_add_config_value('AuditLogAgingThreshold','30','general');
packaging/etc/engine-config/engine-config.properties:AuditLogAgingThreshold.description="Audit
Log Aging Threshold (in days)"