[Engine-devel] Small suggestions for engine-log-collector

Vojtech Szocs vszocs at redhat.com
Tue Mar 11 17:57:11 UTC 2014

Hi guys,

based on my testing during last week's oVirt 3.4 RC test day [1],
I have a couple of small suggestions for engine-log-collector:

1, in /etc/ovirt-engine/logcollector.conf - I think there's typo:

      #key-file=/etc/pki/engine/keys/engine_id_rsa

   should be:

      #key-file=/etc/pki/ovirt-engine/keys/engine_id_rsa

2, to force password-based ssh auth, one has to do this:

      engine-log-collector -k ""

   because running this:

      engine-log-collector -k

   returns error message:

      error: -k option requires an argument

   however, help for -k option mentions *supplying* the argument:

      If a identity file is not supplied the program will prompt for a password.

   so either the help text should mention empty string,
   or -k option should allow missing argument (this was
   my initial understanding according to help text)

Since these are just small things, I'm wondering if I should
create RFE or if Keith/others can say if they are relevant.

Thanks,
Vojtech

[1] http://etherpad.ovirt.org/p/3.4-testday-3