[Engine-devel] Please help us to review our database schema design with NUMA feature on ovirt

Shi, Xiao-Lei (Bruce, HP Servers-PSC-CQ) xiao-lei.shi at hp.com
Mon Mar 31 09:38:04 UTC 2014

We put host level NUMA fields in vds_dynamic because these information are from host itself, and NUMA topology may be changed if the host's hardware make a change. NUMA information are similar to the host's cpu topology information like cpu_cores and cpu_sockets which are in vds_dynamic, we refer to this.
VM level NUMA fields are configured by user, and actually we originally think they should be in vm_dynamic. But we found that the field of another feature cpuPin which is similar as NUMA feature is in vm_static, so we put vm NUMA fields in vm_static.
Do you think we need to put VM level NUMA fields in vm_dynamic?

Thanks & Best Regards
Shi, Xiao-Lei (Bruce)

Hewlett-Packard Co., Ltd.
HP Servers Core Platform Software China