[ovirt-devel] [vdsm] Unifying VM device representations

Francesco Romani fromani at redhat.com
Fri May 23 07:26:49 UTC 2014

----- Original Message -----

I'm very interested in those patches as well and I'd like to join
the effort, but see below.

> Are you planning on changing the recovery code save/recovery of
> vm.conf to work with the new device container you are creating?

This will be indeed a nice thing to have.

> It would be nice to get my code working entirely independent of
> self.conf['devices'] if possible.  Also, when are you aiming to have
> this work completed?  Live Merge is needed for 3.5.  Will this work be
> ready before then?

Unfortunately I don't think the VmContainer patch can make it for 3.5
since the merge window is closing quite fast.
I think we have realistically something like 2-3 days left to have it merged
and AFAIK there is still quite some work to do to achieve that,
including a not-trivial rebase.

I think we can have it merged for 3.6.

Bests,

--