[ovirt-devel] Thoughts on modularization

Vojtech Szocs vszocs at redhat.com
Wed Nov 5 15:24:14 UTC 2014

----- Original Message -----

But how does core interact with extensions? I assume via well-defined
API, i.e. in accordance with first approach mentioned above.

With second approach mentioned above, core would not interact with
extensions at all (or in a very limited way), instead - extensions
would interact with each other. In other words, extension would not
need to implement core-specific API (there would be none), instead
it would inject its dependencies (other modules/extensions) and
consume their APIs. This is the difference I wanted to point out :)