[ovirt-devel] Unstable network connections after installing vdsm

Adam Litke alitke at redhat.com
Mon Nov 10 14:34:02 UTC 2014

I've been experiencing peculiar and annoying networking behavior on my
oVirt development hosts and I'm hoping someone familiar with vdsm
networking configuration can help me get to the bottom of it.

My setup is two mini-Dells acting as virt hosts and ovirt engine
running on my laptop.  The dells get their network config from a
cobbler instance running on my laptop which also provides PXE
services.

After freshly installing the dells, I get a nice, stable network
connection.  After installing vdsm, the connection seems to drop
occasionally.  I have visit the machine, log into the console, and
execute 'dhclient ovirtmgmt'.  This fixes the problem again for
awhile.

Does this sound like anything someone has seen before?  What would be
the best way to start debugging/diagnosing this issue?  Thanks in
advance for your responses.

--
Adam Litke