[ovirt-devel] oVirt UI now uses GWT 2.6

Vojtech Szocs vszocs at redhat.com
Mon Nov 10 16:53:26 UTC 2014

Hi guys,

Martin's GWT upgrade patch [1] just landed into ovirt-engine master.

[1] http://gerrit.ovirt.org/#/c/32135/

Current oVirt UI tech stack is GWT 2.6.1 + GWT-Platform 1.3.1 + GIN 2.1.2

Since GWT 2.6 supports Java 7, source compliance for both frontend and backend
code is now unified as Java 7. We should consider removing stuff like this:

  org.ovirt.engine.core.common.utils.ObjectUtils#objectsEqual

in favor of using proper Java 7 APIs like:

  java.util.Objects#equals

GWT 2.6 adds support for IE 10 ('ie10' user agent), too. This hopefully means
less potential issues with IE 10 and above, since in our GWT host page, we're
telling IE to behave as IE 10 if possible:

We ran Selenium tests on WebAdmin & UserPortal applications for Firefox and
IE 8-10 to ensure there are no obvious regressions. If you find any issues
or weird behavior, please contact me, Alex or Martin.

Thanks,
Vojtech