[ovirt-devel] Unstable network connections after installing vdsm

Adam Litke alitke at redhat.com
Tue Nov 11 19:32:54 UTC 2014

On 10/11/14 11:19 -0500, Ondřej Svoboda wrote:
>Hi Adam,
>
>there are some known issues, which depend on versions of software you are running.
>
>If you are using EL7 (or Fedoras?) you may want to switch SELinux to permissive mode and turn off NetworkManager (both are separate problems with bugs open for them [1, 2]). Then give it another go. I think this could be your case. Please begin with NM, which is my suspect.

Using Fedora 20 and I think this was the culprit.  On my newly
installed machines I am yet to reproduce the problem with NM disabled.
Have we considered making the vdsm package conflict with
NetworkManager?  Or is this just a temporary situation?

>If you are on EL6 you might be experiencing the traffic control (tc) utility or even the kernel not supporting certain commands. I came to looking at this problem finally so I might be able to sort it out (or ask Toni for help).
>
>In the mean time, could you let us know what version of VDSM, selinux-policy and NetworkManager you are running? Could you attach /var/log/vdsm/supervdsm.log and /var/log/vdsm/vdsm.log? Does someting (NetworkManager!) in the journal seem fishy?

No repro but here are the package versions:
vdsm-4.16.0-522.git4a3768f.fc20.x86_64
NetworkManager-0.9.9.0-46.git20131003.fc20.x86_64
selinux-policy-3.12.1-193.fc20.noarch

--
Adam Litke