[ovirt-devel] Fwd: DWH cannot gain hourly history data from db because of the bloody time problem.

Shirly Radco sradco at redhat.com
Mon Nov 17 06:31:53 UTC 2014

Hi,

UTC time is the coordinated Universal Time,
and we recommend syncing the machines according to it,
so the data will not be affected when changing the clock from summer time to winter time and back.

All reports can be shown in the local time you choose in the reports portal.

But still, this should not cause issues with hourly reports not showing.

Please attach all logs. Should be located at:

/var/log/ovirt-engine
/var/log/ovirt-engine-dwh
/var/log/ovirt-engine-reports

Also please let us know what ovirt 3.5 version you are using:
rpm -qa |grep ovirt

For ovirt-engine-dwh, ovirt-engine-reports and ovirt-engine.

Last, please let us now what timezone is set currently for your machine.

Best regards,
---
Shirly Radco
BI Software Engineer