[ovirt-devel] [ENGINE] splitting AuditLogDirector to its own module

Yair Zaslavsky yzaslavs at redhat.com
Fri Oct 3 17:03:44 UTC 2014

Hi all,
I just reviewed a patch regarding AuditLogDirector and I thought to myself - why is it located in DAL?
Our maven dependencies are built in a way that both bll and vdsbroker depend on DAL, and if you perform git grep AuditLogDirector you will see it is used
by bll and vdsbroker.
But that this is not necessary a reason to include AuditlogDirector in DAL.
I think DAL should be our Data Access Layer, and for audit log (which is a class that uses our DAOs) we should have a separate module.

Thoughts on this are welcome,

Yair