[ovirt-devel] CDI limited capabilities in jboss-as-7.1.1

Roy Golan rgolan at redhat.com
Tue Oct 7 07:25:20 UTC 2014

On 10/06/2014 08:23 PM, Yevgeny Zaspitsky wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> Recently I started using CDI (thanks to Roy Golan contribution) in bll
> module code and figured the limitation described in
> (https://issues.jboss.org/browse/AS7-4567). That was solved 1.5 years
> ago in jboss-as-7.2. Currently we use jboss-as-7.1.1.
> Is there a good reason for not moving to jboss-as-7.2 or any newer
> version?

moving to Wildfly is a WIP by Juan [1] and certainly needs more attention.

Wildfly is already packed to F20 and probably will be maintained for
some time while.
AS 7.2 isn't and I don't see anyone picking this currently.

* apart from bug fixes to CDI, Wildfly supports up-to-date CDI spec,
java8, java EE 7. all have features we should look into.

[1] http://gerrit.ovirt.org/#/c/21413/13