[ovirt-devel] Log refactoring

Martin Perina mperina at redhat.com
Mon Oct 13 07:03:20 UTC 2014

Hi,

we are currently trying to minimize usage of multiple logging frameworks
in engine (log4j, commons-logging, ovirt logger, JUL, slf4j) and in the
future we want to use only slf4j as logging frontend and JBoss Logging or
java.util.logging (in tools only) as logging backend. More info can be
found in [1].

In the meantime patches to use slf4j instead of log4j in engine tools
(engine-config, engine-manage-domains, notifier) were merged. Soon we
will try to remove log4j dependency from project completely.

So if you are preparing new patches for engine please update your logging
framework and use only slf4j.

I will post updates about the whole process.

Thanks

Martin Perina

[1] https://bugzilla.redhat.com/1109871