[ovirt-devel] [VDSM] Master cannot be installed on rhel7 - broken libvirt-dependency

Dan Kenigsberg danken at redhat.com
Sun Oct 19 14:48:28 UTC 2014

On Sun, Oct 19, 2014 at 09:15:49AM -0400, Nir Soffer wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Commit 395c77c90c0b (vdsm: Add support for VIR_MIGRATE_AUTO_CONVERGE
> parameter) bumped libvirt-daemon dependency on rhel7 to version 1.2.3.
>
> It seems that there is no such version in rhel7 or rhel7.z
> repositories, which means that master cannot be installed now
> on rhel7 machines.
>
> Anyone knows on which repository this package exists?

Thanks Nir for your reprot.

el7.1 should see a libvirt rebase, but at the moment, I am not aware of
such a repo.

Martin, would you drop the hard requirement from the spec, until it is
available on the el7 platform? Nothing else is required, as we already
have a soft dependency in place. We should make a better effort to avoid
requiring a package before it is universally available.

Dan.