[ovirt-devel] SSO Setup

Ravi Nori rnori at redhat.com
Tue Dec 1 14:40:56 UTC 2015

On 12/01/2015 09:28 AM, Yevgeny Zaspitsky wrote:

> On Dec 1, 2015 3:47 PM, "Ravi Nori" <rnori at redhat.com
> <mailto:rnori at redhat.com>> wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > Some of you have faced issues setting up engine after SSO patches
> were merged.
> >
> > Below are the issues and the proposed solutions on how to proceed.
> >
> > * Issue #1: Host name resolution.
> >
> > During setup make sure the engine FQDN that you provide can be resolved.
> > If it cannot be resolved externally edit /etc/hosts and add an entry
> for your
> > host name pointing to the local host ip address.
> Usually FQDN is dynamic and is assigned by DHCP (e.g.
> dhcp-0-131.domain.com <http://dhcp-0-131.domain.com>), so using that
> statically isn't the right way.
> Also the engine redirects the browser to port 80 whereas in dev we use
> port 8080, so the browser doesn't get a response.

If the FQDN can be resolved externally by DHCP you need not worry about
the /etc/hosts, but please make sure it is indeed resolving to your machine

In dev env, sso should redirect to 8080 not 80.

if your instance is being redirected to port 80 please share your
PREFIX/etc/ovirt-engine/engine.conf.d/11-setup-sso.conf and
PREFIX/etc/ovirt-engine/engine.conf.d/10-setup-protocols.conf