[ovirt-devel] unable to add host ~ InitVdsOnUpCommand parameters specifies storage domain ID when creating host.

Martin Mucha mmucha at redhat.com
Thu Dec 10 13:40:54 UTC 2015

Hi,

'm unable to add host to engine. I have fresh engine build, cleaned host, dropped and recreated DB. I'm adding host using rest¹.

Command InitVdsOnUpCommand is called during operation, having
getStoragePoolId()
equal to
00000001-0001-0001-0001-0000000000c1.

However, there's no storage domain in system — it's empty installation, and I'm only creating host yet (so I cannot have any storage domain).
Because of that, following code:

StorageDomain masterDomain = getStorageDomainDao().getStorageDomains(storagePoolId, StorageDomainType.Master).get(0);

in method:

org.ovirt.engine.core.bll.InitVdsOnUpCommand#runConnectHostToPoolEvent

produces NPE, which is probably cause of host marked as nonoperational.

———
If I'm doing something wrong, plese advice.
Martin.

[1]
curl -v -u "admin at internal:adminadmin" -H "Content-type: application/xml" -d "
<host>
    <name>$NAME</name>
    <address>10.34.63.167</address>
    <root_password>qum5net</root_password>