[ovirt-devel] Lago testing environment contribution

David Caro Estevez dcaro at redhat.com
Tue Dec 15 14:46:06 UTC 2015

On 12/15 15:29, Roman Mohr wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Tue, Dec 15, 2015 at 3:19 PM, Yaniv Bronheim <ybronhei at redhat.com> wrote:
>
> > Hi list,
> >
> > If you're not aware yet about Lago you should. This our engine to test
> > functional flows over variant distributions for ovirt-engine and vdsm
> > This project is currently maintained by dcaro but it will love to have
> > more contribution in reviews, tests and more.
> >
> > If you want to follow it I encourage to join the mailing list
> > lago-devel at ovirt.org and help with reviews if possible ([2])
> >
> > You can also checkout following links for more info
> > In [3] you can find full readme about how to use it to run ovirt-engine
> > tests. should be intuitive and quick. If not, please raise
> >

> I would love to see a short paragraph on github and on readthedocs on what
> this project is about and what the aims are.
> It is really hard to even find out what it is for when you are reading the
> documentation.

Agree, though it's not yet so clear what it is for or what the aims are...

But for now one could say something like:

"""
Provide a simple and easy way to create virtual environments aimed for
functional/system tests, being able to run them on a standard development
laptop.
"""

If that makes sense I'll add it to the docs