[ovirt-devel] Subject: Looking for advice regarding user portal development.

Greg Padgett gpadgett at redhat.com
Tue Dec 15 16:54:57 UTC 2015

On 12/11/2015 05:07 PM, Alexander Wels wrote:
> [...] Note as far as I know
> there is currently no way to upload templates with either the User Portal or
> the REST api. So you will have to find some other mechanism to get them into
> the system. And when I say templates I mean VM templates in the oVirt sense.

Hi Thomas,

More on Alexander's point above, we are actively working on a project [1]
to allow uploading images into the oVirt environment via WebAdmin and/or
the REST API.  Some parts may be useful to you despite it not being
targeted for inclusion in the User Portal at this time.

Alternatively, using a Glance Provider [2] may also help with your goals,
though I'm not too familiar with the details.

Greg

[1] http://www.ovirt.org/Features/Image_Upload
[2] http://ovedou.blogspot.com/2014/03/importing-glance-images-as-ovirt.html