[ovirt-devel] New VMStatus methods

Shmuel Melamud smelamud at redhat.com
Wed Dec 16 12:54:42 UTC 2015

Hi!

I've just posted the patch introducing new set of VM status checking
methods.

https://gerrit.ovirt.org/#/c/50590/

The methods are added to VMStatus class and delegated to VM class. The old
methods are marked as deprecated and we plan to get rid of them soon.

I highly recommend to use these methods everywhere and never to compare to
VMStatus constants directly. There are methods to check for individual
states and for meaningful sets - using them makes the code much more clear
and understandable and it was the goal.

If you cannot find a method that fits your needs, feel free to contact me,
we can add it.

Shmuel