[ovirt-devel] Gerrit openid accounts

David Caro dcaroest at redhat.com
Thu Feb 26 11:00:20 EST 2015

Hi everyone!

I'd like to clarify a bit something that seems to happen to everyone, how to
add new openids to an existing account (google, fedora, ...).

To do that you must be already logged in, then on the upper right side, click
your name and hit the settings link.

Then on the left side, hit the 'Identities' section, and there hit the 'Link
another identity' button, that will send you to the login page and there you
can login with the new openid, after that you will have a new identity and from
now on logging with that openid will login with your user.

If you don't do that step before using the new openid, gerrit will create a new
account from that new openid, and you'll end up with two accounts, that might
make that when selecting your user for review, the combobox to show duplicated
entries and fail to add any of them.

If that is already happening to you (if you have duplicated identities) please
open a ticket on trac[1] with the subject 'Duplicated gerrit identity' with the
emails, names or anything we can use to find all your identities and we'll fix
it (it has to be done from the database directly).

[1]https://fedorahosted.org/ovirt/newticket

Thanks!

--
David Caro