[ovirt-devel] el6 future in ovirt-3.6

Alon Bar-Lev alonbl at redhat.com
Mon Mar 16 22:19:43 UTC 2015

----- Original Message -----

I cannot understand these conflicting statements.

if any component of vdsm needs to run on el6, el6 support cannot be dropped, this [among other] includes python version and other infra modules, packaging included.

a possible sensible solution is to continue maintaining 3.5 for gluster on el6 with possibly new features, and have master free of el6 for all dependencies.

dropping el6 from 3.6 should have been early in development cycle to allow proper testing. the gluster issue should have resolved even before the 3.6 cycle.