[ovirt-devel] Self Hosted Engine Gluster Support

Sandro Bonazzola sbonazzo at redhat.com
Wed Mar 18 08:26:50 UTC 2015

Il 18/03/2015 03:45, Christopher Pereira ha scritto:
> Hi,
>
> I would like to get involved in testing "Self Hosted Engine Gluster Support".
> Is the code available in the nightly builds?
> What is the status and who can give me some initial directions?

Hi Chritopher, nice to meet you and happy to see your interest in Self Hosted Engine Gluster Support.
Features description are available in the wiki [1][2]

The external Gluster support can be already tested using master nightly snapshot[3].
For the Hyper Converged support, a patch has been submitted [4] and builds are available in Jenkins:

http://jenkins.ovirt.org/job/ovirt-hosted-engine-setup_master_create-rpms-fc20-x86_64_created/130/ : SUCCESS
http://jenkins.ovirt.org/job/ovirt-hosted-engine-setup_master_create-rpms-fc21-x86_64_created/129/ : SUCCESS
http://jenkins.ovirt.org/job/ovirt-hosted-engine-setup_master_create-rpms-el6-x86_64_created/129/ : SUCCESS
http://jenkins.ovirt.org/job/ovirt-hosted-engine-setup_master_create-rpms-el7-x86_64_created/129/ : SUCCESS

I suggest to test it with VDSM including libgfapi support, currently experimental in Jenkins: http://jenkins.ovirt.org/search/?q=libgfapi

Last issue I encountered while testing the Hyper Converged support is
Bug 1201355 - [HC] Hosted Engine storage domains disappear while running ovirt-host-deploy in Hyper Converged configuration

Help with testing, debugging and coding is welcome!