[ovirt-devel] [ACTION REQUIRED] vdsm versioning on master

Nir Soffer nsoffer at redhat.com
Wed Oct 7 12:32:40 UTC 2015

This is also an issue when installing master for testing.

I'm kind of tired of using "yum reinstall" or "yum downgrade" to install
latest code from master replacing 3.6 install, because master version is
sometimes older then 3.6 builds.

How about having 4.x.99 on master - meaning the development version, never
change this version.

4.x buids will be numbered 4.x.0-98 - always older then master.

Or - use odd version for master, even versions for releases:

4.18.x - next stable versions
4.19.x - next dev versions
4.20.x - next stable versions

Nir