[ovirt-devel] Requiring Java 8 during runtime

Juan Hernández jhernand at redhat.com
Mon Oct 26 09:33:59 UTC 2015

Hello,

As you probably know oVirt Engine 4 will use WildFly 10, and that
requires Java 8. The version of WildFly that we currently use is 8.2.1,
and it can work with both Java 7 and Java 8. In order to ease the
transition I'm about to merge the following patch, that will require
Java 8 during runtime:

  core: Require Java 8 during runtime
  https://gerrit.ovirt.org/46872

The implication of this for you is that you must make sure that you have
Java 8 installed in the machine where you run your the engine. Fedora 22
only supports Java 8, so that isn't a problem. EL6 supports both Java 7
and Java 8, so make sure that you have Java 8 installed:

  yum -y install java-1.8.0-openjdk-devel

If you have objections please speak now, otherwise I will merge the
patch tomorrow.

Regards,
Juan Hernandez

3ºD, 28016 Madrid, Spain