[ovirt-devel] ovirt 3.5 to 3.6 upgrade

Paul Dyer pmdyermms at gmail.com
Sat Apr 2 01:00:29 UTC 2016

Here is a summary of my ovirt 3.5 to 3.6 upgrade.   I am not using
hosted-engine.   The engine machine is EL6.

after upgrade to ovirt 3.6, the ovirt-release35 repo remains on the manager
machine (non-hosted engine).   There is also a list of rpms from the 3.5
repo.

Here is a list of 3.5 repo rpms still installed:

# yum list installed |grep ovirt-3.5
ovirt-engine-jboss-as.x86_64       7.1.1-1.el6             @ovirt-3.5
patternfly1.noarch                 1.3.0-1.el6
@ovirt-3.5-patternfly1-noarch-epel
python-daemon.noarch               1.5.2-1.el6             @ovirt-3.5-epel

python-kitchen.noarch              1.1.1-1.el6             @ovirt-3.5-epel

python-lockfile.noarch             0.8-3.el6               @ovirt-3.5-epel

python-ply.noarch                  3.4-4.el6               @ovirt-3.5-epel

python-websockify.noarch           0.6.0-3.el6             @ovirt-3.5-epel

xalan-j2.noarch                    2.7.1-8.jbossorg_1.jpp6
@ovirt-3.5-jpackage-6.0-generic

======================================

I removed to 3.5 repo and release35 rpm, as described here.   Then, I
re-installed the 3.5 rpms with the 3.6 rpms from the 3.6 repo.   These rpms
did not change from 3.5 to 3.6.   I just want them marked as from the 3.6
repo.

# yum remove ovirt-release35

# rm /etc/yum.repos.d/ovirt-3.5*

# yum reinstall ovirt-engine-jboss-as.x86_64 patternfly1.noarch
python-daemon.noarch python-kitchen.noarch python-lockfile.noarch
python-ply.noarch python-websockify.noarch xalan-j2.noarch

I also removed ovirt-engine-jboss-as.x86_64, since I am not using
ovirt-engine-reports.

# yum remove ovirt-engine-jboss-as.x86_64

Hope this document helps.   I had loads of problems earlier, relating to
trying to use a EL6 virtualization host, when ovirt 3.6 did not support it.

Thanks, Paul