[ovirt-devel] Introducing oVirt Dashboard

Vojtech Szocs vszocs at redhat.com
Wed Apr 20 15:43:06 UTC 2016

Hi everyone,

Alexander and me are working on oVirt Dashboard UI plugin that
gives overview of the virtualized environment and its specific
objects. (See the attached screenshot.)

Development started on GitHub:

  https://github.com/vojtechszocs/ovirt-dashboard-ui-plugin

but now we're moving the project to Gerrit:

  https://gerrit.ovirt.org/#/q/project:ovirt-engine-dashboard

See project's README on how to set it up if you're interested:

  https://gerrit.ovirt.org/gitweb?p=ovirt-engine-dashboard.git;a=blob;f=README.md;hb=HEAD

Technology-wise, we're planning to utilize newly introduced
RPMs for developing oVirt JavaScript applications:

- ovirt-engine-nodejs         # Node.js binaries
- ovirt-engine-nodejs-modules # frontend (npm) dependencies

(these are used only during the build time.)

oVirt Dashboard uses React JS library to implement reusable
components on top of PatternFly (+ jQuery/D3/C3):

  http://facebook.github.io/react/

We're planning to share our React components with others via
"react-patternfly" community project hosted on GitHub:

  https://github.com/jtomasek/react-patternfly/

If you have some spare time, we'd really, really appreciate
current JS code review :-) any feedback is highly welcome.

Regards,
Vojtech